Here we go again...
Dear friends and family, when I first started journaling our adventure I was afraid I would run out of things to say. Well it turns out, I couldn't have been more mistaken. The past month has been a whirlwind. Last week we said goodbye to our dear friend and nanny, Katie. What a godsend she has been and such a blessing to everyone around her. She took the junior high and high school girls under her wing and started a small group while raising up someone to take her place and, all of this, while taking care of our boys full time. Every day she would drop and pick up the kids for school. What other 20 year old girl would set aside 3 months, pack up her entire life, move to another country with a family she doesn't really know, drive in a place where drivers are border-line psychotic, and do it with a smile?! She is truly amazing and we are forever grateful for how much she has sown in to us! We will miss you, Katie!
For the past month, there have been protests in the streets over high electricity bills. While high electricity bills in the winter are common, it wasn't till recently that the power companies were forced to itemize each bill they sent out. It seems as though there were a few people skimming off the top, imagine that. Never really understood how someone could become angry enough to riot over an electricity bill until I received our bill 2 weeks ago to the tune of $450 for 1 month of usage. Ouch! You can see me here in the top right-hand corner with the Bulgarian flag...just kidding! Andrea wouldn't let me. But I now understand the reason behind it. Also amid protest, the Prime Minister and his government resigned which then incited more protests. Just to put your hearts at ease, we are safe. God is still on the throne. My wife has informed me that I failed to mention a very, VERY important detail in my last blog. We are expecting our fourth, yes fourth, little Ramos. Andrea has been experiencing morning sickness for the past few months and has just recently been feeling better and better. She is amazing and I couldn't imagine having a better life-partner and soul mate. Not once has she wavered or doubted the fact that we are smack dab in the middle of God's will for our lives. Not once has she told me that she wants to go home. I'm amazed at her faith and her strength in all she is going through. We will find out next month the gender of our baby - not that I'm anxious or anything to hear if we're having a girl, just saying, I can't wait is all. =)
In all of the political turmoil, changes of life, culture-adjustment, family stuff, it is easy to lose focus. But one truth still holds true, when you lean on Him for everything, He is faithful to make sure you won't fall. He uses what's in your hand and makes it great. It's amazing when looking in a mirror, how glaring your short-comings are. But what we see is rarely what He sees. So what do we have left, except to trust and to respond to His Grace? He is doing amazing things. We are blessed to be a small part of it and we are blessed that you are a part too.
My mom, of course, has demanded...not asked btw...that I include a few prayer requests. So here they are...(love you, mom)
- Favor - with pastors, government leaders, and those in the gypsy community
- Finances - we have to apply for our 1 year visas next month to the tune of $3000 and also the birth of Ramos baby #4 due in September(dear Lord, help it be a girl)
- Wisdom - God would continue to lead and direct us in work, relationships, in family
- Protection - continued health and safety in all we do
Thank you all for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers! We love you and miss you all!
Here are some pics of the BBQ:
No comments:
Post a Comment